Dear lovely readers,
I am still here in the big city of D.C. Enjoying myself a little too much now.
We are visiting the White House today. We have so much to do in so little time. Hopefully we’ll be able to see everything we hoped to see.
But onto another amazing recipe. I was craving chocolate the other day and thought, what better way to get over that craving than to suffocate myself in chocolate. Maybe I won’t need or want another bite for a good month. We’ll see how much that works. These muffins are sooo moist and sweet and delicious. Hope you enjoy. I’ll be back home tomorrow from our trip, so I’ll be back with an amazing post next week and I’ll be sure to let you know how my trip went! Have a good weekend!
Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Muffins
recipe by Stephanie
makes 12 muffins
1 stick butter
2 ounces bitter sweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3- 1.55 oz Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars, coarsely chopped
1. Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate in the microwave until melted and smooth. Cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Pour buttermilk mixture over dry ingredients.
4. Pour melted butter and chocolate mixture over dry ingredients. Mix all together until just combined. Do not overmix.
5. Stir in milk chocolate chunks.
6. Grease 12 regular size muffin tins. Divide batter evenly among muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes and remove onto wire racks.