This morning I had something pop in my head, and I couldn’t resist attempting this idea and I indulged! Boy was it worth it. Molton Chocolate Lava Cake is one of my favorite treats of all time. That ooey gooey center gets me every time. Well, I thought, why couldn’t I turn it into a cookie? So I did. What I got was a deliciously chewy chocolate cookie with an oozing center of chocolaty goodness. My oh my. I have had 4 and it’s not even lunch time yet. I’m in trouble. You must eat these warm. Mine haven’t even cooled off yet to see how they will be when cooled, but I’m guessing these are cookies that you must eat fresh. I’ve put a dozen in the freezer just so I can make some fresh for my hubby, because I know he will love these! So, give them a try, they will be a perfect holiday cookie!
And again, please, please, please, don’t give up on me! I appreciate every single one of my readers and I don’t want to disappoint anyone. I am trying my hardest right now. And before long, I will definitely be back to my old self. Have a great week! And Happy Thanksgiving!
Molton Chocolate Lava Cookies
makes 3 dozen
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups cocoa
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time until well incorporated. Add vanilla. Slowly add cocoa and mix until well combined.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.
4. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Use your thumb and press a hole in the center of the dough. Fill with a piece of chocolate and fold the dough over to cover the chocolate completely.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Dust with confectioners sugar. Serve warm.